txConnect (Parent Portal) Frequently Asked Questions
1. a) Register to become a parent user of the school’s website at www.mildredisd.org.
(If you are currently a parent user of the website, you may skip this step.)
b) Come in person to the office of your child’s respective campus and complete a waiver form to obtain the Portal ID(s) assigned to your student(s).
c) Complete the txConnect Registration process.
2. a) Once you have your student(s) Portal ID(s), go to http://www.mildredisd.org and Sign In. Then click the Parent Portal link found under Site Shortcuts on the left side of the screen.
b) The log on process is self-administered, which means that you choose your user name and password during registration.
Note: To register, you must provide at least one valid student Portal ID. You must have a valid student Portal ID for every student you wish to add to your account. If you forget or lose your password, or if you wish to change your password, you will go through an automated process to reset your password. If you forget your user name, you must re-register.
From the Login page, click the link under New User to go to the Registration page. The Registration Step 1 page will be displayed.
(At any point during the registration process, you may click Previous to return to a previous step in the registration process.)
a) In the User Name field, enter a user name that will identify you when you log on to txConnect, such as a combination of letters from your first and last name. Your user name must be six to nine characters and must be unique (not used by anyone else in the district). Your user name is not case-sensitive (i.e., it does not matter if you type uppercase or lowercase letters). If you type a user name that is already taken, the system will notify you that the user name is taken. Please enter another user name.
b) In the Password field, enter a password that you will use when you log on to txConnect. The password must be six to nine alphanumeric characters. Use a combination of the following: uppercase, lowercase, numeric, and/or punctuation (e.g., aBc1234). Your password is case-sensitive (i.e., you must always type it exactly as it is entered here, including uppercase and lowercase letters).
c) In the Confirm Password field, retype your password exactly as it was typed above. This step confirms that you typed your password as you intended.
d) In the Email Address field, enter your current e-mail address.
e) Click Next.
Note: If you have not entered all required data, a red message will appear to the right of each field that is missing data. You must provide that information before you can continue. If you have entered the data correctly, the Step 2 page will be displayed.
a) In the Question field, select a question to which you will provide an answer. This question will be asked in the event that you lose your password.
b) In the Answer field, type the answer to the question. You will be required to answer the question correctly in order to recover your password. Be sure to select a question for which you will easily remember your answer. The answer is case-sensitive (i.e., you must always type it exactly as it is entered here, including uppercase and lowercase letters).
c) Click Next.
Note: If you have entered data incorrectly, a red message will appear to the right of each field that has incorrect data. You must provide that information before you can continue. If you have entered the data correctly, the Step 3 page will be displayed.
a) In the Student Portal ID field, type your student's Portal ID. This ID is provided to you on the letter you picked up from the campus office. If you do not have this ID, refer to Number 1 (b) listed above. You cannot continue without entering a valid student Portal ID. Note: The student Portal ID must be typed exactly as it is printed (i.e., uppercase and lowercase letters).
b) In the Student Birth Date field, type your student's complete birth date in the MM/DD/YYYY format (e.g., 01/19/1998). The date entered here must match the birth date in your student's record at the campus. You cannot continue without entering the correct birth date.
c) Click Add. Your student's name will appear in the Added Students box on the right side of the page. You must successfully add at least one student in order to create an account.
d) Repeat the previous steps to add another student, or click Finish. The Summary page for your first student (alphabetically) will be displayed.
Note: Remember for security reasons, you must be a parent user of our website in order to see the Parent Portal link. To become a parent user, you must complete the online form located on our website at http://www.mildredisd.org . Please allow a minimum of three weeks before calling your child’s campus to inquire about your Sign-in Name and password after requesting parent access to the school’s website.
5. Log in to the school’s website at http://www.mildredisd.org and click the Parent Portal link located under Site Shortcuts.
txConnect does not provide “real time” access to attendance and grades entered into the student information system by teachers. Student grades posted by teachers are updated in txConnect at 12:00 am each day. The most recent date and time of update are indicated on the applicable screen.
10. The Elementary campus takes attendance at 10:00 am each morning while the Secondary campuses take attendance each period of the day. Student attendance posted by teachers and/or updated by campus attendance personnel are updated in txConnect periodically throughout the day. The most recent date and time of update are indicated on the applicable screen. Attendance personnel make corrections/updates to student absences and attendance coding as they are made aware of the changes. It may take up to 72 hours for these changes to appear in txConnect.
11. Mildred ISD is unable to provide technical support for computer problems encountered in accessing txConnect. Please select the txConnect HELP feature located in the upper-right hand corner of your screen. You may wish to refer to the “How to set up my browser” topic to make sure your computer settings are correct.
12. If you have forgotten your password, click the link under Forgot your Password on the Login page to go to the Reset Password page where you can reset your password using an automated process. You will be required to provide your answer to the hint question selected for your account. If you provide the correct answer, you can reset your password to a new password. Mildred ISD does not have access to your password. If you have forgotten your User Name, you must re-register.
Note: If the student has alerts, the number of alerts will be displayed below the student’s name on the left side of the page.
Last Modified on October 12, 2010